Chapter 3
He said I am the God of your father. This is as it is written, "A fool will believe anything...". "Peti" is the language of seduction (pituy) as it says, "when a man seduces" (yifteh). R. Yehoshua the Kohen b. Nehemiah said, When the Holy Blessed One revealed Himself to Moshe he was a prophetic novice. The Holy Blessed One said, If I reveal Myself to him in a great voice I will frighten him, with a small voice I will sour him on prophecy. What did He do? He revealed Himself to him with the voice of his father. Moshe said, "Here I am! What does father ask?" The Holy Blessed One said, "I am not your father, rather I am the God of your father. I came to you with seduction so that you would not be afraid."
6. And God said to Moses. R. Abba b. Mammel said: God said to Moses: 'You wish to know My name; I am called according to My deeds. Sometimes I am called "El Shadday", "Tzveo'ot", "Elohim", "YHVH". When I judge the creations I am called "Elohim" [Judge]. When I am waging war against the wicked I am called "Tzveo'ot" [Lord of Hosts]. When I suspend [punishment] for a man's sins I am called "El Shadday" (Almighty God). When I am merciful towards My world, I am called "YHVH,"' for "YHVH" only refers to the attribute of mercy, as it is said: "The Lord, the Lord (YHVH, YHVH), God, merciful and gracious." Hence, "ehyeh asher ehyeh" [I am that I am, or I will be that I will be] - I am called according to My deeds. R. Yitzhak said: God said to Moses: ' Tell them, that I am who was, that I am now, and that I will be in the future.' For this reason the word "eheyeh" is written three times. Another explanation of "ehyeh asher ehyeh": R. Jacob b. R. Abina in the name of R. Huna of Tzippori: God said to Moses: Tell them, in this servitude I will be with them, and in the continuing servitude I will be with them!' Moses said to God: 'I should tell them this? An evil is sufficient in its time [I should just mention the present servitude and not its continuation]?' God replied: 'No: Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: "Ehyeh has sent me to you." I am [only] revealing this to you, but not to them.' Another interpretation: "Ehyeh." R. Yitzhak said in the name of R. Ammi: They are standing in clay and bricks and they will go on to [another servitude of] clay and bricks. So too in the case of Daniel: "And I Daniel fainted and was sick" (Daniel 8:27).Moses said to God: 'I should tell them this?' God replied: 'No, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: "Ehyeh has sent me to you."' R. Yohanan said: I am that I am to individuals, but regarding the multitude I will rule over them even against their will and desires, even though they break their teeth, as it is said: "As I live, says the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, will I be King over you" (Ezekiel 20:33). Another interpretation: R. Ananiel b. R. Sasson said: God said: When I desire, one of the angels who is one third of the world, stretches out his hand from heaven and touches the earth, as it says: "And the form of a hand was sent forth, and I was taken by a lock of my head" (ibid. 8:3). And when I desire three of them, I made them sitting beneath a tree, as it is said: "And recline under the tree" (Genesis 18:4). And when I desire, His glory fills the entire world, as it is said: "'Do I not fill heaven and earth?' says the Lord (Jeremiah 23:24). And when I wished, I spoke with Job from the whirlwind, as it is said: "Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind" (Job 38:1). And when I wish, [I speak] from a thorn-bush.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario