Menú

martes, 2 de enero de 2024

KINDER TORAH - PARSHA SHEMOT

Be Happy for Him “Yaakov, I have great news for you.” “What is it, Avi?” “I was just accepted into the top shiur (class) of the Yeshiva.” “Avi that is wonderful! I am truly happy for you.” “Yaakov, I always enjoy telling you good news.” “I always enjoy hearing good news, Avi. Especially news about people’s successes.” “That is precisely why I enjoy telling you. What is your secret, Yaakov? How are you so happy for other people?” “Why shouldn’t I be happy, Avi? Hashem has blessed a person with success. That makes him happy. He wants to share his happiness with others. I give him pleasure by joining in his happiness. Also, Hashem shows His love by granting him success. Shouldn’t I love someone who Hashem loves?” “You have the right attitude, Yaakov. Not everyone thinks so positively. Some peo- ple are jealous.” “That is an aveyra (sin) which is listed in the Aseres HaDibros. On the other hand, being happy with another person’s accomplishments is a mitzvah. Rav Shmuel Hominer, in his sefer Eved Hamelech points out the source from this week’s parasha.” “Really? Where?” “Hashem says, ‘He (Aharon) is going out to meet you (Moshe) and when he sees you he will rejoice his heart’ (Shemos 4:14). Rashi comments that one might have thought that Aharon would be re- sentful that Moshe rose to greatness. After all, he was the younger brother. He also fled Mitzraim 68 years before, leaving his older brother Aharon to shoulder the bur- den of leading the people. Quite the con- trary! Aharon rejoiced in his heart. Not just a superficial happiness. For this mitzvah, he merited to wear the choshen (breastplate) on his heart. Rav Hominer relates that we are commanded to be happy and have a good heart for our friend’s good fortune and accomplishments. Therefore Avi, I am doing a mitzvah every time that I am happy for another person.” “Yaakov, may you merit many more mitzvos.”

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario